Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Wounded Knee

After a normal 8 hour wedding on Saturday I was being lazy and trying to carry all of my gear in as quickly as possible and lugging it pack mule style. I stepped on the curb wrong and took a tumble, but luckily in my old age, and after many years playing soccer and hurting my ankles, I know how to fall.  In the end I ruined a pair of perfectly good $6 pair of pantyhose when I went down to my knees, but I saved my ankle and gear.

I am proud of myself because I hopped up, cleaned and dressed my wound [a klutz like me always has band-aids and Neosporin in my medicine kit] and still went out for a drink with friends that evening.

It’s always the same weak ankle that gives out, the one with the damaged ligaments. So it always seems I scrape the same poor knee….

Gave me a good excuse to take Sunday off though :)

My native name should be Wounded Knee CC.

No comments:

Post a Comment